Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Layered Fabric Flower Tutorial



I love these flowers! They are so fun to use as hair accessories, or even to clip onto a purse or jacket.


Start by folding your fabric in half, and cut out three circles. I used a large ribbon spool to trace my circles.

Cut out your circles and fold one in half.
Then fold it in half again.



Stitch through the curved side of your circle. Push the new "petal" all the way to the end of your thread.
Continue adding your petals until all six are added.
Make sure all six petals are gathered tightly and pushed to the end of your thread. Stitch together the first and last petal by making a few stitches connecting the two on the bottom side of your flower.

You can complete your flower by adding a center, or you can add as many layers as you would like. Make it your own. :)


Feel free to comment if you have any questions. I will try my best to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment